Sunday, October 11, 2009

Five Corners Cafe, Old Forge, NY.

The best thing about the Old Forge in the Adirondacks, was the trees, the mountains, the views, the hiking, the campfire, the smell. All the outdoors stuff. And as you can see from before- I had resigned myself to a weekend of Burger King, diner food and kit-kat bars.

But the morning after our stay in the cabin we were going to go to an old pancake house- but the wait was probably about two hours. So we went here. I wish I had a better shot of the whole building because it was beautiful. Wooden and rustic looking, but kind of hip also. As we walked in Matt and I said: look at us going to the only place that has a New York-y logo. Its true...

Look at those CLOUDS reflected in the door!

The entire place was wood panelled on the bottom and you don't really get that here in this photo.
This family had already gotten their food, and we saw the homemade bread. Though the picture is blurry.



The coffee was weak- but if I lived up there I am assuming I would get better sleep and not need it.


I ordered the French Toast for one reason alone- Real Maple Syrup, for a dollar more. Any place that offers real maple syrup I automatically trust and love.


Oh! And I asked for the bacon to be well done. It was PERFECT. Perfectly crispy and not at all burnt. How did this place do it? I am not kidding that I was in unexpected ecstasy on this FREEZING-Everwood-morning after the one of the most fun days of my life. I didn't expect gourmet. MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Real blackberries.

Matt and his normal bacon. Other than that we got the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatever you want