Friday, July 9, 2010

Chocolate Tasting in the Attic

I have been visiting Annie in Upstate New York, and it doesn't make any sense why I stayed up an extra day instead of returning back to my parent's house. She had a 2 show day today which means she was out all day while I hung out in her oven-of-an-attic-apartment, except for when I met her and the cast at "Bob's Barbeque".

But here I am in another 4 hour chunk of alone time, with 2 hours to go. Interestingly... I want to live alone anyway. So this is just good, joyful practice. I however am NOT in my own apartment or home, so boredom has been creeping in. Solution? Chocolate Tasting.

This is what I did with all the chocolate I could find in their kitchen and my bag.


Endangered Species Chocolate, 72% with espresso beans
Ghirardelli, 60 %
Dagoba Organic, 87%

Endangered Species won hands down. It had an unfair twist with the espresso beans.

2 comments:

  1. Glad that the hot atmosphere of the attic didn't melt the chocolates for the tasting. Needless to say, we are smitten with your results.

    Have you ever paired chocolate with wine? I'm wondering how the dark chocolate would have tasted with the chiati...

    -Monica Erskine
    Endangered Species Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad the attic didn't melt the chocolates too!

    I have not yet paired chocolate with wine consciously. It is definitely becoming my new interest, though. ("Pairings") So I hope I do a post soon.

    So glad you read my post on your chocolate!

    ReplyDelete

say whatever you want