Thursday, January 6, 2011

Its My Party 2

I wrote this last night but Blogger was messed up:

There are 30 minutes left in my birthday and I want to report.

Should I be out partying? Maybe, but more specifically: No. I am having a party tomorrow anyway. Double Birthday. Boom.

The Bad Part:

I didn't sleep well so I was tired and grumpy, but I got out of bed anyway.

At my first sip of coffee I realized that I felt like poop and that my eyes hurt. I got in bed and told my mom that if she had to leave and I if was asleep - to NOT wake me up. (She had to leave for PA that morning.)

So, I stayed in bed for an hour trying to sleep- but not - while she banged away constructing some posterboard-constuction to hide my wires, sniffling and coughing- and still occasionally talking to me anyway, even though she knew I wanted to sleep, saying:

“you should get allergy screens, but they are white and not see through on the open part of the window”.

Finally, still in bed at 11:45 a.m. and thinking I'd never leave, I prayed to the Birthday Gods:

Birthday Gods, I don't want to be like this. Help me accept things the way they are. I accept these aching eyes, and the sound of my mother clanging as she makes crafts for me with posterboard, and I accept a whole day of tiredness on my birthday if it means I can just get up and on with it.

Then, The Birthday Gods (and maybe the sleep gods, too) came to my rescue and had me hop out of bed filled with pseudo-energy. I downed the cold coffee I had abandoned before, and decided to take this day by the horns.

Just then my mom was leaving- which was good for the both of us, I guess (my poor mother), and as soon as she left I started dancing around to “Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You” and “Bye Bye Baby” (because we saw Jersey Boys the night before),

Then I did half of “Body By Bethenny” On Demand and took a shower. I even blew dried my hair (Blow dried? Blew dry? Conjugation?).

It was time to rock n' roll and go babysit.

The Better Part

Babysitting was good. The 3 year old asked me if we could just eat the cupcakes already- and then slapped her hand over her mouth.

So there were going to be cupcakes!? How nice.

Right before I left babysitting, not only were there cupcakes for me, but a candle to blow out, cards, an itunes gift card and a soap made by the 6 year old. Tra la!

They gave me some cupcakes to go, for me and my friend in a tupperware, when it was clear I wasn't eating the whole thing.

Love them.

The Even Better Part

Met Danielle at Peels on 2nd and Bowery. We had Sparkling Rosé and ordered a Squid:


The grossest thing ever. It exploded with something horrifying looking. We later found out it was ground squid stuffed inside the squid. When you cut it, the other squid stuff just oozed out more- but at this point we still didn't know what it was stuffed with. 

But, hey, it tasted salty and great.

I got some vegetable thing too and we split a banana, chocolate, coconut pie. Whoopee.

Now I am back home. I just watched Chelsea Lately, ate an entire tub of hummus and -


I have always wanted to know what a cupcake could be like if I put on Peanut Butter instead of Icing. So I scraped the icing off of one of the other cupcakes and – its good.

What is my point? Maybe:

Don't be grumpy. But if you are- pray?

Today is going to be even better....

*SAPPY MUSIC PLAYS. MAYBE FRANKIE VALLI.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatever you want