Friday, February 18, 2011

Austin the Pooch

I have a new Friday morning babysitting job for a cute, sweet little boy who is almost 2. He is very easygoing and gentle.

Their dog, on the other hand, is a different story. He is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. The breed is supposed to be very docile and kind- similar to a lab or a golden retriever- but he is a very angry little dog.

He growls and barks like a mad dog at any strangers in his home (me). He spent a good 15 minutes just cornering me and growling and barking at me then starting jumped up at me biting- and bit and ripped a hole in my sweater.

He scared the living daylights out of me.

He is perfectly nice to the baby, but wants me dead.

not Austin

I took Ben to the Children's Museum and it was a reprieve from the attempted assassinations. When we got back Austin sulked in the corner and wimpered when I wouldn't give him any of Ben's sandwich.

Hmph.


The mother was was very apologetic and next time I am going to be able to put the muzzle on him. She said she has taken him to a lot of trainers to try to fix the problem, but she has decided she thinks the dog is mentally ill.

So, meet Austin, the mentally ill dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatever you want