Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Moldy Mold!

I came back to New York to find black mold growing by the drain of my shower because of a dripping spigot (yes, that is how you spell it).

I remembered a friend who told me she had to move out of her apartment due to "dangerous, toxic black mold in the bathroom". I poured an entire bottle of bleach on it.

Google is no friend because, now, I am going to die from the mold.

And its not enough that I terminate it with bleach, it is apparently flying around my air, getting onto all my other surfaces and causing me internal damage.

It is worse than bed bugs.

I have an old, very leaky bathroom. There is black and orange stuff puffing out from under my sink. I always just thought it was mineral build-up. But now I am going to die.

I literally prayed to God last night to miraculously kill the mold. I was that overwhelmed- that I thought the only way to effectively handle the situation at 2 am last night was to pray for a miracle. Also, I know I will have to clean and/or get the Superintendent involved.

I would put a picture, but I don't want to get close to it. Even though I still have to every time I go to the bathroom.

Errand List:


  • Hardware Store: Bleach, Gloves, Scrubs, More Bleach, Vinegar (for the days I feel like cleaning "Green") and a mask.
  • Air Purifier.
  • New Pillows. (unrelated.) My pillows are very uncomfortable.


And that will be about all the money I have!

From weather.com:

2. Protect yourself by using goggles, gloves, and breathing protection while working in the area. For large consolidated areas of mold growth, you should use an OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Administration) approved particle mask.

BLARHGHGHGHG.

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatever you want