Friday, September 23, 2011

Serious Floodwatch

Not only is it torrentially raining in NYC with a flood watch - but there is an extra gushing waterfall on my street  today.

video

While I was on the phone, I kept forgetting the word for fire hydrant- which was a problem.

The fire department was offended "We don't control the fire hydrants, that is for the EPA".

Well, Fire Department, you get cats out of trees, so excuse me for being confused.

And, yes, that would be the first two times I called 911 taking place in the span of one week.

The water pressure here is so low that I cannot flush my toilet, which hosts it's own special problems.

But, I am happy to report that one of the two carpenter bees has already been swept away off my ledge by the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatever you want