Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Thanksgiving Label

I made this. It is Grain-Free. And burnt

Let me call to my own attention- that I have a blog "Label" for Thanksgiving.

And how pointless.

Thus far I have only 2 posts under 'Thanksgiving'. This will be the 3rd. How many times a year can I write about Thanksgiving?

I think in the coming posts I will continue to focus on the futility of many and all aspects of this blog. And yet, in the midst of the futility I will continue to write anyway, because sometimes the only point of this pointless blog, is to have a good ol' activity for myself, and to give people sometimes stupid to read.

Why Do I Have a Thanksgiving Label?

Well. There was a time a few years ago in college, when I had a visionary dream during a nap that I should start an "Autumn Website". Whatever the hell that is. I dreamed the site would be a place for all the people who love The Fall to convene online and discuss. And also to buy fall goods like scarecrows and .... rakes, I guess. There would be beautiful pictures and recipes for pumpkin spice foods and an activity list.

Upon waking I actually told my roommates about this BRILLIANT idea- but later in the day I realized it was one of those things that only works in the dream-world.

So, maybe this Thanksgiving Label is an extension of that dream. A little homage to the piece of me that wanted to have a blog totally dedicated the The Autumn, and to make my fortune selling rakes.

I also think having the label of "Thanksgiving" was me hoping that my blog would one day become some sort of cushy, aesthetically pleasing, inspiring and visual blog about happy, pretty, frivolous things. Instead of becoming a sort of questionable collection of mildly depressing essays about a girl who doesn't have enough clothes to wear a new outfit each day of the week.

Anyways...

Here is my mother discussing bone marrow:


Oh, and I almost forgot: I am Thankful for almost everything except for my Bad Night's Sleep.

I am also specifically thankful for the internet, even though it may be ruining our lives collectively.

1 comment:

say whatever you want