Sunday, April 15, 2012

What Should I Be When I Grow Up

Sometimes, one may come to a life-crossroads, and one wonders... what the hell am I doing and where the hell am I going.

And: what should I be when I grow up?


What should I be when I am ... 30? (not 24)?

Thankfully I am reading another Self Help book that promises to help me with JUST THIS PROBLEM.

Weeelllllll, the book is about opening up blocked creativity. But I am hoping it will instead make me extremely free and clear about everything always ever.

You know, like all the other Self Help books I have read.

One of my weekly "tasks" is to make a fantasy list of "Imaginary Lives".

"If you could live many different lives and be different things in all of them, what would you be?"




The point is not to necessarily list realistic things... but instead to enjoy your imagination. Because God Knows I don't know how to make cheese, be a wizard, nor do I apparently even know what marketing even is.

So. There you go. 

But I think I really got some clarity with the last idea on the list: "professional tree climber".

I am going to be a 40 year old professional tree climber- forging my own career path. Looking down at all of you from my comfortable spot high up in an oak tree.

....Maybe the hunger games has infiltrated my brain more than I was aware of...

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatever you want