Friday, July 20, 2012

IS IT SUPPOSED TO BE RAINING?

When it is raining, I immediately check the internet weather forecast to see if it is actually raining.

My first response to rain isn't a simple: "It is raining."

Instead it's: "Is it supposed to be raining? Does the internet agree that it is raining? If so, how long is it supposed to last? And will the internet change it's mind? How should I plan my walks with or without that heavy and unruly umbrella? How long should I be ok that I am not doing anything today? Should I feel guilty for sitting inside? Internet: speak to me".

That way I know whether to be mad or accepting.

For instance:

"UGH, it was NOT supposed to be raining. How dare it."

Or

"Oh man, it seems to be raining? Ah yes, and the internet confirms that it is raining, and also that it was supposed to rain, and is supposed to continue all day. Ah, well. Best watch some more HBOgo"

Sometimes I check every half hour to see what the updated supposed forecast is. And let me tell you. It changes all the time! That Hour-By-Hour forecast does not make up it's mind.

If you want to be on top of the weather, I suggest you stop trusting what is happening, and start wondering if the internet agrees with what is happening, and what it says is supposed to happen. And check often.

The benefit to this, is that when you are with someone and the conversation falls flat, and someone inevitably says: "Oh this weather....". You will be able to say... "Oh the internet said it was supposed to...... but instead it........ when it began the internet said that it was supposed to be......... how weird and frustrating!"

Basically, you will have a lot to say. And people will be floored by your attention to details and how much you know about the weather/internet.






This also works for extreme heat, or any other weather condition that you would like to complain about and/or attempt to micromanage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

say whatever you want